Located in the Southern Alps, Ubaye valley is a secret place preserved from mass tourism.
The main town of the valley, Barcelonnette, is surprisingly a mix of mountain and Mexican culture. This is due to Barcelonnette people who emigrated to Mexico from 1805 to 1950 and those who came back rich built some Mexican style houses that are still preserved.
The influence of Italy is also very strong as we are at the border between the 2 countries.
The Ubaye valley, 60 km long, is a paradise for walkers and it offers easy walks to very challenging climb. Its climate makes the place one of the most sunny of France!
Hotel: Hotel de La Placette in Barcelonnette
– Walks: 5 guided walks with a qualified mountain leader.
– Nice airport transfer day 1 and return on day 8.
– Transports during the trip.
– 7 nights in the 2* hotel de La Placette in Barcelonnette based on two people sharing.
– 7 breakfasts & 3 diners
– Single room Supplement
– 4 dinner and all picnic lunches
– Flights to Nice return.
– Individual travel insurance.
– Beverages during the trip and at hotel.
– All extras not included in the itinerary pages 1 or mentioned as optional.