Walking the Eastern French Pyrenees – the Essentials
Walking holiday with a local guide on the most meridional side (Mediterranean Climate) of the French Pyrenees.
Font Romeu is a very popular walking and hiking destination for many good reasons: due to its location on the eastern side of the Pyrenees sunshine is nearly guaranteed! With the hotel at 1750 m you will get easy access to many mountain walks and very open views . You will walk to many nature sites like the Carlit lakes, Pradelle lake, Aude lake and also spectacular altitude plateaux like the Altiplano Cerdan.
5 days of moderate walks and one day extra challenging walk by a professional mountain leader.
Airport: Fly to Carcassonne (Ryanair away flight FR 1984, Ryanair return FR 1985) . Transfer time 2h30min.
Hotel: 3* Hotel des Pyrenees in Font Romeu.
– Local transports during the trip. Airport transfers.
– 1 Guide for the whole week.
– 7 nights in the 3* family run “hotel des Pyrénées in Font Romeu” based on 2 people sharing.
– 7 breakfasts and 5 dinners.
– Single room Supplement: 210€ for the week.
– Return flight Dublin airport to Carcassonne, Ryanair.
– Individual insurance.
– Lunches & 2 dinners.
– Beverages during the trip and at hotel.
– All extras not included in the itinerary pages 1 & 2 or mentioned as optional.
Level of walks:
Following the itinerary proposed , there will be 5 moderate walks and one challenging walk, all led by a qualified international mountain leader.
Easier walk: The difficulty level will be of 10 km and 650 metres maximum and up to 4 to 6 hours walk including breaks.
Harder walk: The difficulty level will be of 18 km and 1300 metres maximum and up to 8 hours walk including breaks.