Walking Mercantour National Park – the Essentials
Get away on a walking holiday in the Mercantour National Park and the fabulous Roya Valley. Create in 1979, the Mercantour National Park straddles the Provence-Alps and Maritime Alps departments, and descends from the high Alps of the Ubaye Valley through the Tinée, Var, Roya and Vésubie valleys to the sea. It’s hundreds of kilometres of marked trails and sparse population, combined with accessibility from Nice Airport, make it the ideal location for a waking holiday in a beautiful mountain area of high pastures, perched villages and panoramic views. Our Mercantour National Park walking holiday is based in the southern tip of the park, in the magnificent Roya valley that descends to the Mediterannean and in a short distance takes you from typical Provençal landscape of olive trees to a beautiful and protected high mountain area.Airport: Fly to Nice airport.
Hotel:“Le Prieuré”, in Saint Dalmas de Tende
– Walks: 4 guided walks with a qualified mountain leader.
– Nice airport transfer day 1 and return on day 8.
– Transports during the trip.
– 6 nights in the “Le Prieuré”, in Saint Dalmas de Tende based on two people sharing.
– 7 breakfasts & 6 diners
– Single room Supplement
– all picnic lunches
– Flights to Nice return.
– Individual travel insurance.
– Beverages during the trip and at hotel.
– All extras not included in the itinerary or mentioned as optional.