Walking in the Dolomites – the Essentials
At an altitude of 1,256m, Dobbiaco is known as the “Gateway to the Dolomites”. The town is spread over a high plateau and is open and sunny in summer months, with spectacular views of the mountains and the ideal location for walking in the Dolomites..
It is in Dobbiaco that the composer Gustav Mahler spent the summers from 1908 to 1910: it is here that he composed the Ninth and Tenth Symphonies (the latter one left unfinished), and the famous Song of the Earth (“Das Lied von der Erde”). A plaque commemorating the composer can be seen at the Trenker House in the village.
During the First World War, the area around Dobbiacio was scene to intense fighting, due to its situation on the Austro-Italian border. Many historical remains can still be seen in the area.
Hotel: Hotel Tschurstschenthaler in Dobbiaco.
– Local transports and luggage transfer service during the trip.
– Airport transfers from and to Venice/Treviso airport.
– 7 nights in 3* hotel Tschurstschenthaler in Dobbiaco.
– 7 breakfasts.
– 5 Guided walks with qualified international mountain leader.
– Single room Supplement: from 190€ per week.
– The flights. Individual insurance.
– All Lunches and all dinners
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
Very well organised holiday.
A very special mention of Stephanie and Iris, two wonderful guides. Their helpfulness and enthusiasm was exceptional. We all loved spending the week with them. Stephanie personality and sense of humour was enjoyed by all. Iris local knowledge added to our holiday.
Thanks Vincent, Florence for another very well organised holiday whiwh was excellent value for the price we paid.
Vincent, Florence, we all had a wonderful week of walking. The guides were very good in the knowledge of the history + flora + fauna of the area we walked in.
Thank you for all your hard work in makingthis week great!
Jim & Rita
– Excellent, enjoyable holiday. Location beautiful, mountains spectacular & excellent region for hikes
– both Stephanie & Iris excellent professionan . Knowledgeable, very friendly and took the walks at steady pace, not too fast. Always felt very safe with them.
– Thought the Bonner hut walk was too long for the B walk, especially the descent was very tiring
– organisation was excellent for both transfers and for the hikes.
Overall an excellent trip. The best so far with regards to scenery, weather and quality of the 2 excellent guides (leaders).
Many thanks for a most enjoyable week.
Thanks fo including the via ferrata option on the free day. 5 of us did it and it was absolutely excellent.
Dobbiaco is a very nice location for outdoor type holidays.
The two leaders (Stephanie & Iris) were excellent all week.
Tony & Rose –
First class as expected/usual, very professional guides.
Tony & Rose
“A” walk excellent. A challenge, different.
I liked the guide’s pace, the local knowledge and their historical and cultural references.
Both guides were extremely courteoous and approachable. They kept us informed of things as the walk progressed.
A very enjoyable holiday.
Both Iris & Stephanie led the groups at a lovely even pace which made the climbs enjoyable.
Having 2 professional guides was very good.
Hotel & staff were first class. More fresh fruit for breakfast would be appreciated. Bigger amount & variety of vegetables would also help, as they were rather sparse even with the vegetarian option.
Thank you for another great holiday.