Walking France GR5 – The Essentials
From Briancon the capital of the French south Alps to Mont Blanc, you will take the best of the GTA and GR5 on our Walking France Gr5 holiday.
The GR5 or “Grande Randonnée 5” is an epic walking trail that runs from the North Sea all the way to the Mediterranean on the French Riviera. The Alpine GR5, or portion of the GR5 that traverses the French Alps, is perhaps the most spectacular part of this trail. It’s known as the GTA or “Grande Traversée Alpine” and runs through the most picturesque and scenic parts of the French Alps, on the border with italy and Switzerland.
This exclusive trek will bring you to some amazing and undiscovered part of the French Alps, starting by an incursion in the “Vallée étroite” (or narrow valley) at the border of France and Italy you will then discover Thabor, Vanoise and Beaufortain.
The best mix of hotels 2 to 3 max per rooms and multisharing in huts will offer you the best experience with comfort and total immersion in the mountain.
During the trip your main luggage will be transferred every day (except day 5 in Felix Faure hut) so just carry your day pack with you.
Start: Briançon, access by train, airports are Turin, Lyon or Marseille. Airport transfer on option, contact us.
Finish: Les contamines, near Saint Gervais, airport is Geneva. Airport transfer on option, contact us.
– Walks: 7 guided walks with a qualified mountain leader.
– Transports during the trip. Luggage transfers except Day 4.
– 3 nights in gites / huts multisharing. Half board.
– 5 nights in Hotels 2 or 3 per rooms B&B.
– Local transports during the trip. Airport transfers.
– Single room Supplement: 175€ for 5 hotel nights.
– Flights. Individual travel insurance.
– Airport transfers. Good choice of public transport to get to les Briançon and leave les Contamines
– Picnic lunches. Plenty of food store by the hotel to get the picnic for less than € 8 per day. 5 Dinners, plenty of restaurant around the hotels.
– All extras not included in the itinerary page 1 or mentioned as optional.