Walking Dolomites – Joanna Lugarini’s Group
At an altitude of 1,256m, Dobbiaco is known as the “Gateway to the Dolomites”.
The town is spread over a high plateau and is open and sunny in summer months, with spectacular views of the Dolomite range.
It is in Dobbiaco that the composer Gustav Mahler spent the summers from 1908 to 1910: it is here that he composed the Ninth and Tenth Symphonies (the latter one left unfinished), and the famous Song of the Earth (“Das Lied von der Erde”).
A plaque commemorating the composer can be seen at the Trenker House in the village.
During the First World War, the area around Dobbiacio was scene to intense fighting, due to its situation on the Austro-Italian border. Many historical remains can still be seen in the area.
Minimum Group size: 4 participants.
Airport: Fly to Venice Marco Polo airport.
Hotel: Hotel Tschurstschenthaler in Dobbiaco.
– Airport transfers from and to Venice Marco Polo airport.
– 7 nights in 3* hotel Tschurstschenthaler in Dobbiaco.
– 7 breakfasts
– 4 evening meals
– 5 Guided walks with qualified international mountain leader.
– Local transfers
– 3 evening meals, all picnic lunches.
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
– Travel Insurance.
– Single supplement : €210 for the week
– Card fees of €22 per person if you don’t pay by bank transfer (paid only once at the balance)
Booking and deposit process:
– Deposit of €504/person to be paid at the time of booking.
– Balance to be paid one month before the trip
Important Note Covid-19 : you will receive a full refund of payments sent (on land, ex flights) in the case that the trip has to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.