Snowshoeing holiday – Italian Alps – Val Devero – Val Fornazza
This trip will explore a preserved part of the Italian Alps, located north of Lake Maggiore and on the south side of the Swiss border.
Plenty of lakes, wide spaces, plenty of huts, very few downhill skiing infrastructure and open views make it a paradise for winter outdoors activities such as ski touring and snowshoeing.
Airport: Fly to Milan Malpensa or Bergamo, around midday.
Hotel Aalts Dorf in Val Fornazza
Albergo Casa Fontana Val Devero in Val Devero.
– One France Outdoors European mountain leader for the week to guide the 5 walks and coordinate the trip.
– Malpensa / Bergamo airport pick up and drop off. Transports during the trip.
– 3 nights in Albergo Casa Fontana in twin rooms and triple rooms (exceptional).
– 4 nights in the hotel Aalts Dorf in twin rooms and triple rooms (exceptional).
– 7 breakfasts. 7 Dinners.
– 5 guided walks with International Mountain leader.
-Sticks, and safety tools (transceivers, probes and shovels) with qualified international mountain leader.
– The flights.
– Individual insurance.
– Supplement single 140€, only for the 4 nights in Aaltz Dorf limited places. Thanks to contact us before booking a single room.
– Note there are not enough single rooms in Casa Fontana available,
-Credit fees if you pay with credit card.
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
– Deposit (€390) through your online booking)..
– Balance one month before trip departure.
-Walking boots, (leather boots).
-Gaiters, warm pair of socks, some lights too.
-Winter hiking pants, long johns, and waterproof Goretex overtrouser.
-Goretex jacket/ Waterproof jacket breathable.
-Fleece jacket. Duvet jacket.
-Micro fleece and mountain tee shirts for base layer, if possible avoid cotton tee-shirts.
-Hat and cap, Buffs.
-Sun protection, eye protection (sun glasses and goggles can be handy if you have some).
-Gloves two pairs, one light and one warm.
-For snowshoeing no need to bring your walking sticks as we provide them, unless you prefer to use your own.
-Rucksack 30 Litres with straps to carry the snowshoes when necessary.
-Water bottle 1L to 1.5 Litres preferably. A small thermal flask so you can drink hot in the mountain.
-Camelback not so recommended (tend to freeze in the winter).
-Don’t forget your own medication (if any)
-Blister treatment (second skin, etc,..).