Snowshoeing Alps – Slovenia Holiday
Snowshoeing holiday in the beautiful Julian Alps. A mini version of the Dolomites this part of the Alps is stunning by the shape of the mountains in the form of steep limestone peaks, wide plateaux, and nice forests. More than everything the Julian Alps provide a real feel of remoteness, a little bit of the Alps as it was in the ancient times, and an ideal location for snowshoeing with snowshoe trails criss-crossing the region.
Then the cultural difference makes this trip special and you can only be charmed by the hospitality of the locals and like the atmosphere of the local cafés, restaurants and pubs!
Airport: Fly to Venice or Verona airport. group flight transfer organised at around 1 pm.
Hotel: Miklic Hotel in Kranjska Gora.
– Local transports and luggage transfer service during the trip.
– Airport transfers from and to Venice or Verona airport.
– 6 nights in Hotels:
– 4 nights in 3* hotel Miklic in Kranjska Gora. 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners.
– 2 nights in hotel cross country centre Pokljuka. 2 breakfast, 2 dinners.
– 1 night in Blejska Koca hut, 1 breakfast, one dinner.
– 5 guided walks with International Mountain leader.
– Snowshoes, walking sticks and safety equipment provided.
– 5 Guided snowshoe walks, including snowshoes, sticks, and safety tools with qualified international mountain leader. -Transceivers, probes and shovels.
– Single room Supplement: 175€ for the week.
– The flights. Individual insurance.
-Lunches and 2 dinners
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
Exciting to visit a new area. Thanks to Vincent for rearranging the walks to suit the snow conditions.
Scenery super but don’t feel Slovenia great for this type of snowshoeing I like. The last walk was great if a little short. Would prefer to be higher up – more like Ubaye – able to get to cols at the least. Nothing against Slovenia, it is lovely + having Mattia was great but would prefer longer days, more climby and stay higher.
I know no matter what you planned weather can interfere.
Really interesting area. Some fantastic views + spectacular mountains. Appreciated the change of plans due to weather/snow conditions however the nature and the terrain meant a lot time in forests and forest tracks. The final day’s walk was great as was the walk above the hut on Wednesday.
But overall apart of those two days missed the experience of being in the wield ùountains above the tree line.
Great to have a local guide with us for last two days. Lots of informations about the mountains but also about Slovenian history and culture.
It was really interesting to be in Slovenia with its lovely scenery and mountains. Anita, Grega and Mattia were all charming and helpful.
appreciate that snow conditions and weather meant that plans had to be changed.
In principle I prefer open scenery/mountains to walking in trees.
as usual Vinncent, you were an excellent guide and it was lovely to see you again.
Thanks again for your care and attention Vincent and the efforts you make to ensure we have a good trip when snow conditions are not ideal.