Snowshoeing Queyras, St Véran
In the heart of the Alps & Queyras Natural Park, at an altitude of over 2000 metres, the traditional Alpine village of St Véran is your destination on this snowshoeing holiday in France.
With 5 moderate snowshoe walks through the slopes & high valleys of the Alps, snowshoes provided and a local guide at your side, as well as accommodation and evening meals in a traditional chalet hotel, this snowshoe holiday is the ideal way to get away from it all this winter.
Known as the “highest village in Europe” – the church at the village centre is at over 2000m altitude, and the highest point of the commune is at 3175m – St Véran is one of the most beautiful villages of the southern French Alps, located in the protected natural setting of the Queyras Regional Park. A traditional mountain village, the local heritage is very much in evidence in the local houses or “fustes” that were traditional farmhouses built in larch wood, with it’s characteristic reddish colour, where people and cattle shared the living space together! The stone- and larchwood-built village has a wealth of other discoveries in its narrow lanes : houses with grey stone rooves, communal ovens, antique sundials on the facades of the houses, and a 17th century stone church. The village is closed to all but local’s cars, which makes the experience all the more authentic.
Airport: Fly to Turin. group flight transfer organised at around 1 pm.
Hotel: Le Grand Tetras Hotel in Saint Veran.
– Local transports during the trip. Turin airport transfers.
– 7 nights in the family run hotel Le Grand Tetras in Saint Véran.
– 7 breakfasts & 4 dinners in the hotel Le Grand Tetras in St Véran
– 5 Guided snowshoe walks, including snowshoes, sticks, and safety tools with qualified international mountain leader. -Transceivers, probes and shovels.
– Single room Supplement: 235€ for the week.
– The flights.
– Individual insurance.
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
– All picnic lunches – 3 dinners