Snowshoeing Italy – Dolomites
One of our most popular snowshoeing holidays that books out the quickest, make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity to go snowshoeing in the spectacular Dolomites in Italy. An ideal snowshoeing destination at an altitude of 1,256m, Dobbiaco is known as the “Gateway to the Dolomites”. This town is spread over a high plateau and is open with amazing views of the Dolomite range. It is in Dobbiaco, the composer Gustav Mahler spent his summers here from 1908 to 1910: here he composed the Ninth and Tenth Symphonies (the latter one left unfinished), and the famous Song of the Earth (“Das Lied von der Erde”). A plaque commemorating the composer can be seen at the Trenker House in the village.
During the First World War, the area around Dobbiacio was a scene of intense fighting, due to its situation on the Austro-Italian border. Many historical remains can still be seen in the area. Snowshoe lovers will find everything they could wish for on this snowshoeing tour around the Fanes-Sennes Natural Park, beneath the towering peaks of the Tre Cime. Every evening, relax in the beautiful Hotel Tschurtschenthaler, situated in the center of the village.
Airport: Fly to Venice. Group flight transfer organised mid day (contact us for details).
Hotel: 3* Hotel Tschurtschenthaler in Dobbiaco
– Local transports during the trip. Airport transfers.
– 7 nights in the family run hotel Tschurtschenthaler in Dobbiaco
– 5 nights Half Board. 2 night B&B.
– 5 Guided snowshoe walks, including snowshoes, sticks, and safety tools with qualified international mountain leader.
– Transceivers, probes and shovels.
– Single room Supplement
– Individual insurance.
– All extras not included in the itinerary.