Snowshoeing Austria – Alps
The East Tyrol in the Austrian Alps is a spectacular mountainous region of Austria, home to the highest peaks in the country – Mt. Grossglockner (3798m) and Mt. Grossvenediger (3657m) and the Hohen Tauern National Park, and the ideal destination for our Snowshoeing Austria trip.
The Osttyrol is a region of towering mountains, peaceful valleys, larch forests and snowshoe trails in a fairytale like landscape where the snow is always present in Winter. Your snowshoe holiday is based in the village of Tauelr, at the centre of the region and the perfect base for snowshoe walks and winter activities. Your hotel Matreier Tauernhaus is a typical Tyrolean chalet and offers regional cuisine as well as a cosy atmosphere.
Accommodation: 7 nights in Matreier Tauernhaus family run hotel.
Physical demands rating: moderate
Airport: Fly to Salzburg. Group flight transfer organised at around 1 pm (2h 15 min transfer).
Hotel: Matreier Tauernhaus Hotel in Tauer.
– Local transports during the trip. Airport transfers.
– 7 nights in the family run chalet hotel Matreier Tauernhaus in Tauer in Tauer.
– 5 nights Half Board. 2 night B&B.
– 5 Guided snowshoe walks, including snowshoes, sticks, and safety tools with qualified international mountain leader. -Transceivers, probes and shovels.
– Single room Supplement: 160€ for the week.
– The flights. Individual insurance.
– All extras not included in the itinerary.