Cycling Mont Ventoux
Our Cycling Mont Ventoux trip takes you to climb the Mont Ventoux from both Bédoin and Malaucène on a 4-day drip with guide, vehicle support and hotel accommodation on short but challenging cycling break in Provence.
The Mont Ventoux, iconic climb of the Tour de France in which it has featured 15 times, is also know as the “Giant of Provence”. At 1912m it dominates the surrounding Provençal countryside and can be seen for miles as you approach.
On your trip you will climb the Ventoux on the classic Tour de France route from Bédoin, a bucket-list ride for any cyclist. Live the myth on this 21.8km & 1622m climb at 7.15% average gradient, with breathtaking views from the summit. Take the time to stop at the Tom Simpson memorial on the way up – or down! You also get the opportunity to tackle the Ventoux climb from the Malaucène side, slightly shorter at 21.2km & 1535m, with a 7.24% average gradient.
You will be accompanied by our guide in the support vehicle who will carry snacks & water (provided) as well as your lunch, extra cycling gear or anything else you may need during the day. They will also be able to give you tips on climbing the Mont Ventoux. In the evening, relax over a meal of Provencal cuisine at your hotel or one of the nearby restaurants.
Airport: Fly to Marseille airport. Group flight transfer organised in the afternoon to Sault.
Hotel: Le Louvre Hotel Sault.
– Airport transfers by private transport, guests, luggage and bikes. Based on Marseille airport for arrival and departure.
– 3 night, B&B in a hotel du Louvre in Saul, based on 2 people sharing per room.
– 2,5 cycling days with France Outdoors itineraries and support vehicle.
– One guide for the 3 days (guide in the support vehicle and organization – guide is not cycling).
– Bike hire on site.
– Individual insurances (travel and medical-repatriation).
– Dinners, Picnic lunches and Beverages.
– All extras not included in the itinerary pages 1 & 2.
– Single room Supplement: 150 € for the 3 days.