Raid Pyrenean Cycling Holiday – The Essentials
Cycle the Raid Pyrenean, one of our must-do road cycling tours in France. Cycling the Pyrenees coast-to-coast from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean, this 7-night trip is the ultimate challenge, crossing the most famous cols in the Pyrenees such as the Col du Tourmalet, famous in the Tour de France, the col d’Aspin or the col d’Aubisque.
As on all of our cycling tours, you will be accompanied by your local guide in the support vehicle, who will give you daily ride briefs and mechanical support. Your luggage is transported point-to-point in the support vehicle, as well as your daily bag and gear, so you carry only the essentials! You will meet the guide at pre-decided rest stops to take on water and nutrition, as well as at the top of each climb. You can also flag down the support van at any stage if needed.
Those who have been on one of our other French cycling trips know that the road surfaces are generally very good, even in the mountains ; the Pyrenees have the added advantage of being less-frequented than the Alps or the Mont Ventoux, and many of the quieter roads will really take you of the beaten track.
We provide a route card and daily maps with distance, elevation and route information. If you have a Garmin or other device, GPX route files are also available. You have the option of renting a carbon or aluminium road bike from a local bike shop in the Pyrenees, or you can bring your own.
All breakfasts included, all lunches and dinners not included.
Airport: Arrive at Bilbao airport. Depart from Barcelona airport.
Hotels: 2 stars hotels or equivalent
– Transports luggages during the trip.
– Airport transfers from Bilbao and to Barcelona airport.
– 7 night, B&B in a 2 star hotel or equivalent, in St Jean de Luz, Montory, Argeles Gazost, St Lary, St Girons, Ax les Thermes & Canet Plage based 2 people sharing per room
– 7 breakfasts.
– 6 cycling days with France Outdoors itineraries and support vehicle
– Typically one guide for the week (support vehicle and organization) from up to 12 pax.
– Bike hire on site. From €250 to €350 for the week do not hesitate to contact us.
– Single room supplement: 280€ for the week.
– The flights.
– Individual insurance.
– Lunches and dinners
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
– Card fees. You can avoid fees by paying by bank transfer
– Deposit of 30% payable upon reservation to secure your place.
– Balance one month before trip departure.
– If trip not yet guaranteed : contact us first