Cycling Massif Central – the Essentials
This is France’s undiscovered alternative to the Alps and Pyrenees. You will conquer the climbs of Puy Mary and Mont Aigoual as well as cycle through the dramatic gorges of Tarn and Dourbie.
The beautiful Massif Central is the third highest mountain range in France and has regularly hosted some of the most exciting and unpredictable stages of the Tour de France. The region is home to Romain Bardet who polishes his climbing skills on the local cols each year. The area is far less well-known than the Alps or Pyrenees and as result it retains a peaceful, almost remote feel, with few cyclists or cars on the excellent roads. Another real attraction is the incredibly varied scenery along the route, ranging from the lush green dormant volcanoes of the Auvergne to the spectacular limestone gorges and canyons of the Cevennes region.
All breakfasts included, all lunches and dinners not included.
Airport: Arrive at Lyon airport. Depart from Toulouse airport.
Hotels: 2 stars hotels or equivalent
– Transports luggages during the trip.
– Airport transfers from Lyon and to Toulouse airport.
– 7 night, B&B in a 2 star hotel or equivalent, in Montbrisson, Sauxillanges, Allache, Murat, La Carnougue, Murach & Millau based 2 people sharing per room
– 7 breakfasts.
– 6 cycling days with France Outdoors itineraries and support vehicle
– Typically one guide for the week (support vehicle and organization) from up to 12 pax.
– Bike hire on site. From €210 for aluminium bike & from €325 for carbon bike for the week.
– Single room Supplement: from 280€ for the week.
– The flights. Individual insurance.
– Lunches and dinners
– All extras not included in the itinerary.