Climbing Mont Blanc – The Essentials
Climbing Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, is a once-in-a-lifetime trip!
At 4808m, climbing Mont Blanc is very physically demanding so you need to arrive fit. Our climbing Mont Blanc holiday includes an acclimatization period with the objective of helping you adapt to the high altitude. 2500 / 2700 meters is the best altitude prep for Mont Blanc as a higher altitude will make you tired, and any lower will not be effective.
The guide will assess your level during the course of the preparation and, if necessary for your safety, could recommend not climbing Mont Blanc – in this case, he will if possible propose an alternative summit from Chamonix.
On the tour training days and on the ascent, most of the time you will be walking on moraine, glaciers, and snowfields. There is some exposure and you will encounter short steeper sections, crevasses, bergschrunds, areas of snow instability, and areas of possible rockfall.Airport: Fly to Geneva
Trains/buses: train and buses to Le Fayet
Start Hotel: La Chaumiere Hotel in Le Fayet.
– One European mountain leader for the first 5 days.
– One lead mountain guide for 5 days:
2 days ice / crampons technique and rock climbing / scrambling technique
one day Tete Rousse climb.
2 days Climbing Mont Blanc
– 4 nights in 2 star Hotel in Le Fayet B&B
– 1 night in Col de la Croix du Bnhomme hut – multisharing – Half Board (HB)
– 1 night in Albert Premier de Belgique hut – multisharing – HB
– 1 night in Tete Rousse hut – multisharing – HB
– 1 night in Gouter hut – multisharing – HB
– 8 breakfasts and 4 dinners (Huts)
– Local transfers (private or public) and airport transfers
– Cable cars and Nid d’Aigle train as required
– The flights. Individual insurance.
– 4 dinners in Le Fayet and all picnic lunches
– single room supplement in Le fayet (4 nights) – €175
– All extras not included in the itinerary.
– Mountainering equipment. Possible to rent it in St Gervais
Mairéad, Dublin –
I had such a fantastic trip. The attention to detail was amazing. Everyday was a holiday. Our Mont Blanc guides were very professional and safe. I had complete confidence in them. I don’t think you could improve upon your itinerary. I hope to travel with France Outdoors again.
Trish, Dublin –
Vincent – Wow!! fantastic !! Your (Vincent + Florence) attention to details is brilliant !! Jimmy and I really enjoyed the trip, our training stood us well and Philippe covered a lot of skill training on the glacier which we saw in action in the group.
Gerard, Achill –
Vincent, I would have no hesitation to recommend you and Philip as guides and hope to see you again sometime. The food and selection of walks were super. We packed a great deal into our few days, well done!”